Carbon monoxide detectors can be the best life-saving investment you will ever make for your family. According to the Journal of American Medical Association, in the United States alone, 2,100 people die every year from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning.. Of all potential poisoning death causes in the US, carbon monoxide poisoning is number one. Because it lacks color, taste and odor, It is among the most dangerous home issues. And most importantly, it is 100% preventable.
It is imperative to protect your home from this deadly gaseous death. Installing reputable carbon monoxide detectors can be the literal difference between life and death. If undetected, this leaking gas can kill an entire family in the matter of hours, or in some cases, minutes.
Carbon monoxide can be released by some of the most common systems within a home. Items like a gas range, stove, gas clothes dryer, water heater, furnace, gas or wood fireplace, space heaters, car exhaust, charcoal grills, and clogged chimneys or flues can cause this gas to be emitted into your home.
Here are a few ways to prevent this from happening: